Education Ministry Extends Auxiliary Secondary teachers' Contracts
Opposition Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) challenges president Lazarus Chakwera to resign or call for referendum for allegedly failing Malawians.
The ministry of Education has extended contracts for auxiliary secondary school teachers recruited in January with four more months from June to September.
Ministry of Education Spokesperson Chikondi Chimala says the extension follows good work demonstrated by the teachers in the short period that they have been working.
He however said the auxiliary teachers are at liberty to accept the extension or not.
Meanwhile Education activist Benedicto Kondowe said this only shows lack of decisiveness on the part of government to employ the teachers.
Latest from Online Journalist
- Jehovah's Witnesses Share Messages of Hope at Continental Hockey Tourney
- Zomba COSs Planning Next Steps After Thursday Violence
- SAA Suspends Flights to Malawi
- Malawi Takes the World by Storm: Scorcher's Cosafa Victory - A Tale for Women Pursuing Their Dreams
- How Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Instilling Kindness in Their Children