World Bank Commits $60 million Towards Kapichira Hydropower Plant
Minister of Finance Sosten Gwengwe says World Bank board has committed 60 million United States Dollars towards rehabilitation of Kapichira hydropower plant which was shut down after extensive damage by floods.
The Finance minister says this is a hybrid facility of a concessional loan and grant facility, details of which, will be discussed in parliament in the July sitting.
Latest from Online Journalist
- Jehovah's Witnesses Share Messages of Hope at Continental Hockey Tourney
- Zomba COSs Planning Next Steps After Thursday Violence
- SAA Suspends Flights to Malawi
- Malawi Takes the World by Storm: Scorcher's Cosafa Victory - A Tale for Women Pursuing Their Dreams
- How Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Instilling Kindness in Their Children