MW vs Ethiopia Match Rakes In MK72 Million
The 2023 Group D Africa Cup of Nations qualifier, between the Malawi National Football Team, The Flames, and Ethiopia, has raked in 72. 7 million Kwacha, a figure which FAM says is impressed with.
Over 40,000 fans watched the match at Bingu National Stadium in Lilongwe on Sunday which the Flames won 2-1.
FAM Commercial and Marketing Director, Limbani Matola, says the record-breaking gate collection would have been higher if not for some fans who went in for free after overpowering security.
Latest from Sam Banda
- Civo Service United Releases 3 Players, Transfer List Six Others
- FAM to decide on Flames next move after CAF postpones next year’s AFCON in Ivory Coast to 2024
- Chileka Airport to Be Demolished
- COVID-19 Cases: FAM Affiliates Hesitant on Football Resumption
- FAM Optimistic Cancellation of AFCON Won't Affect Football Resumption in August