MABLEM & HRCC Asks Parley to Respect Judicial System Independence
The Malawi Civil Society Led Black Movement(MABLEM) and the Human Rights Consultative Committee (HRCC) have asked Parliament to respect the independence of the country's judicial system.
The call follows a motion which the house adopted to summon the judicial service commission over a judgement of Justice Ken Manda, which led to the sale of GAM fuels Kanengo filling station in Lilongwe, in a manner some believe was a syndicate and day light robbery.
Addressing the media this morning in Lilongwe one of the leaders for MABLEM Fyson Chodzi claims that parliamentary motion against Justice Manda was made out emotions.
Latest from Online Journalist
- Jehovah's Witnesses Share Messages of Hope at Continental Hockey Tourney
- Zomba COSs Planning Next Steps After Thursday Violence
- SAA Suspends Flights to Malawi
- Malawi Takes the World by Storm: Scorcher's Cosafa Victory - A Tale for Women Pursuing Their Dreams
- How Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Instilling Kindness in Their Children