MCP Says Not Cross-Examining Chimkango
Lawyers for Dr Lazarus Chakwera say they shall need to cross-examine Bob Chimkango, witness for President Peter Mutharika, as he doesn’t appear, to them, to know much based on his “no” responses during cross-examination by UTM lawyer, Bright Theu.
What this means now is that the matter will go straight into re-examination this afternoon when lawyers for President Mutharika shall ask Chimkango questions to make his case as put in his sworn statement.
Earlier during cross-examination, Chimkango acknowledged that some polling centers recorded results more than the number of ballot papers supplied.
Chimkango told the court during cross-examination that, for example, at Kamuzu Center in Mchinji 2, 667 votes were cast despite being allocated 2,000 ballot papers.
Latest from Winstone Kaimira
- Public Hospitals Operating With Old & Faulty Surgery Equipment,Lives of Patients at Risk
- AAM Petitions Ministry of Health on Welfare Concerns for Members & Patients
- Southern African Chief Justices Against Decision for Placement Chief Justice & Judge Edward Twea on Leave
- MEC Acknowledges June 23rd as Date For Fresh Presidential Election
- HRDC To Hold Vigil At Parliament