Chitipa Ward Councilors Refuse to Approve District's Budget
Ward Councillors in Chitipa yesterday refused to approve the district's 2023/2024 budget on grounds that the Council Secretariat failed to provide them with the budget documents in good time for scrutiny.
The Councillors claimed that Standing Orders for the Council demand that stakeholders should be provided with the documents seven days before a meeting which was not the case in yesterday’s meeting.
Chitipa district council Public Relations Officer Bishop Witmos has since told us that what has happened is very unfortunate.
Meanwhile, Chairperson for Civil Society Organizations in the district Sydney Simwaka has called on both sides to resolve the matter urgently.
Latest from Online Journalist
- Jehovah's Witnesses Share Messages of Hope at Continental Hockey Tourney
- Zomba COSs Planning Next Steps After Thursday Violence
- SAA Suspends Flights to Malawi
- Malawi Takes the World by Storm: Scorcher's Cosafa Victory - A Tale for Women Pursuing Their Dreams
- How Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Instilling Kindness in Their Children