Techno Brain to Supply 240,000 Passport Booklets
Zodiak has learnt that Techno Brain is scheduled to supply 240,000 passport booklets to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship Services tomorrow.
Director General for the department Charles Kalumo has confirmed the news.
This is coming days after Kalumo told the press that the department has suspended issuance of the passports and collection of application fees in Blantyre, Mangochi, Lilongwe and Mzuzu due to low stocks of the booklets. The passports are only being issued to those that have emergencies.
Attorney General Thabo Chakaka Nyirenda says is part of meeting a mandatory obligation the company has in its cancelled contract with the Malawi government.
Latest from Online Journalist
- Jehovah's Witnesses Share Messages of Hope at Continental Hockey Tourney
- Zomba COSs Planning Next Steps After Thursday Violence
- SAA Suspends Flights to Malawi
- Malawi Takes the World by Storm: Scorcher's Cosafa Victory - A Tale for Women Pursuing Their Dreams
- How Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Instilling Kindness in Their Children