Mass Polio Vaccination Campaign Surpasses Target
Preliminary figures for the second round of mass polio vaccination campaign which the country held last week indicates the intended target was surpassed.
Disclosing this to Zodiak, National Programs Manager for expanded program on immunization, Dr Mike Chisema says out of about 9.8 million children were vaccinated representing a 99.77 percent national coverage.
Meanwhile, health experts in the country have warned against relaxation on polio prevention measures despite the positive national coverage of the immunization campaign.
Latest from Online Journalist
- Jehovah's Witnesses Share Messages of Hope at Continental Hockey Tourney
- Zomba COSs Planning Next Steps After Thursday Violence
- SAA Suspends Flights to Malawi
- Malawi Takes the World by Storm: Scorcher's Cosafa Victory - A Tale for Women Pursuing Their Dreams
- How Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Instilling Kindness in Their Children