HRDC Reports 'Death Threats'
Chairperson of the Human Rights Defenders Coalition Chairperson, Timothy Mtambo, says has written Inspector General of the Malawi Police Service, Duncan Mwapasa, on death threats he is apparently getting for his activism.
Mtambo claims the threats are coming from Democratic Progressive Party-DPP-sympathizers known as cadets
In the letter to IG Mwapasa, Mtambo claims he has been getting the threats months ago. The matter has also been reported to several other organizations including local and international human rights organizations.
Meanwhile, Malawi Police spokesperson, James Kadadzera, says the police will react appropriately when they get the letter.
Latest from Andrew Viano
- Ex-Intelligence Chief Bail Ruling August 10
- Malawi’s Economic Growth Could Slump Beyond 2.0 Percent in 2020-MCCCI
- Don’t Be Over Ambitious on Revenue Targets-MCCCI Tells Govt
- Special Report: How Malawi Can Deal With Negative Political Influence in The Delivery of Public Services
- Let Justice Be Delivered on Death of My Husband - Buleya’s Widow