Bishop Musikuwa Asks Politicians to Unite
The Catholic Bishop of Chikwawa diocese has asked political party leaders to take advantage of the Christmas celebrations to unite and preach peace and love.
Bishop Peter Musikuwa told the Christians at St. Micheal's Cathedral on Tuesday night that politicians need to end their differences considering that they all strive to serve the same Malawians.
"May the political leaders utilize the Christmas to end the enemty and political differences," said Bishop Musikuwa.
The man of God went on to ask Christians to pray for unity saying all peoples have to live as brothers and sisters.
Musikuwa also said Christians should celebrate the Christmas in a moral manner by promoting love and assisting the needy.
The bishop' call on political party leaders to unite comes when the country has been facing political tension since the May 21 Tripartite polls when MCP and UTM went to court to challenge the presidential results.
Latest from Christopher Sande
- Mother Care Groups Applauded for Enhancing Immunization
- Oxfam, Hygiene Village Project geared to curb Cholera
- Double Trouble for Malawi's LGBTQI+ Community
- FEDOMA Pushes for Urgent Assenting of Persons with Disabilities Bill, 2023
- Farmers, Authorities Take Action to Overcome Effects of Cyclone Freddy