Two Locked-up Over Fake Currency
Two men are in police custody in Mwanza district on suspicion they had in their possession fake Malawi Kwacha notes to the value of 66 thousand Kwacha.
Spokesperson for the police in Mwanza, Edwin Kaunda, identified the suspects as Grey Abraham aged 45 and Mike Daniel 19. They were picked Monday dawn.
According to Kaunda, the first to be arrested was Daniel who tried to buy beer at a night club using the suspect notes.
Daniel led the police to Abraham's house where the police retrieved 66 thousand Malawi Kwacha of two thousand Kwacha of suspect notes.
The two will answer a charge of possessing fake currency.
Latest from Online Journalist
- ADB Predicts 3% Post Covid-19 Africa Economic Growth in 2021
- Acting Vice President- Agriculture, Human and Social Development
- Yutong Provides Support in Pandemic Prevention for Africa Public Transport
- African Energy Chamber Launches New Energy Jobs Portal, Pledges Local Content Boost
- Ntcheu Registers Increase in Road Accidents, Crimes