Police, Community Make Amends
Acting Commissioner of police for the Central Region, Avalesta Chisale, has pleaded with Malawians to desist from burning down police stations as this is paralyzing security in localities.
Chisale made the call on Tuesday in Dowa district where members of the community in the area of Traditional Authority Chiwere were handing over a house for a police officer at Chezi Police Unit.
The staff house, valued at K7m was refurbished after the original one was burnt down following disagreements between the police and members of the community.
Meanwhile, T/A Chiwere has committed to ensure that violence against police does not resurface in his jurisdiction.
Latest from Aunyago Nkhoma
- COVID-19 Cases Rise Again,120 New Cases Past 24 Hours
- Mponela Police Arrest Boy, 17, For Alleged Sex Assault of Woman, 80
- Rwandese Immigrants and Dzaleka Refugees Tussle over COVID-19 Funds
- Min. of Education Trashes ISAMA's July 13 School Reopening
- Govt, Private Schools Tussle Over Date for Re-opening of Schools