Flames to Begin Non-Residential Training
Malawi Senior Men’s National team coach Meck Mwase has named 30 players to start non- residential training on Tuesday, 28th January 2020 in preparation for back to back 2021 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) Qualifying matches against Burkina Faso between 23rd and 31st March 2020.
The programme will be held in the three Regions for three weeks before the team go into full time residential camp in March.
Northern Region based players will be training at the Mzuzu Stadium under Charles Kamanga while those based in the Centre will be working with Mwase’s Assistant Lovemore Fazili at the Civo Stadium.
Mwase, fitness trainer Bob Mpinganjira and goalkepper trainer Swadick Sanudi will be working with the Southern Region group at the Kamuzu Stadium.
Among the new faces called are defenders Nickson Mwase and Eric Kaonga of CIVO and Mlatho Mponera respectively as well Ntopwa United midfielder Mphatso Magaleta.
Below is the full squad:
1. Brighton Munthali - Silver Strikers
2. Charles Thom - Silver Strikers
3. Rabson Chiyenda - Nyasa Big Bullets
4. Bonage Lweya - Kanuzu Barracks
5. William Thole - Be Forward Wanderers
1. Ted Suman- Be Forward Wanderers
2. Stanley Sanudi- Be Forward Wanderers
3. Trevor Kalema- Silver Strikers
4. Peter Cholopi - Be Forward Wanderers
5. Nickson Nyasulu- Nyasa Big Bullets
6. Nickson Mwase- CIVO
7. Eric Kaonga- Mlatho Mponera
8. Precious Sambani- Nyasa Big Bullets
9. Gomezgani Chirwa- Nyasa Big Bullets
10. Lusekero Malema- Karonga United
1. Mike Mkwate- Nyasa Big Bullets
2. Chimwemwe Idana- Nyasa Big Bullets
3. Rafick Namwera- Be Forward Wanderers
4. Duncan Nyoni- Silver Strikers
5. Peter Banda- Nyasa Big Bullets
6. Lloyd Njaliwa- Moyale Barracks
7. Mphatso Magaleta- Ntopwa United
8. Felix Zulu- Be Forward Wanderers
9. Isaac Kaliati- Be Forward Wanderers
10. Micium Mhone- Blue Eagles
11. Chimango Kaira- Nyasa Big Bullets
1. Hassan Kajoke- Nyasa Big Bullets
2. Foster Bitoni - Blue Eagles
3. Patrick Phiri - Nyasa Big Bullets
4. Vincent Nyangulu- Be Forward Wanderers