Silver Strikers & Blue Eagles Withdraw Plans to Appeal FAM Verdict

Silver Strikers & Blue Eagles Withdraw Plans to Appeal FAM Verdict

Silver Strikers FC and Blue Eagles FC have decided against appealing the verdict given by Football Association of Malawi following the violence that erupted during their FISD challenge cup semi-final match on November 23 2019 at Civo Stadium.

FAM fined Blue Eagles FC and Silver Strikers 1 million kwacha and 2.9 million kwacha respectively for various misconducts that led to violence.

Silver Strikers communications manager Daniel David Dauda says their legal team advised them against challenging the punishment whereas Blue Eagles chairman Alexander Ngwala says the punishment reflects what happened on the day.

It took the FA close to five months to come up with the verdict as only on 16th this month they slapped the two Lilongwe based outfit with fines after being found guilty of misconduct during a 2019 FISD Cup match last year.

The Central Bankers were found guilty on five counts, these include causing abandonment of a match (K800, 000.00), brawl, beating and bullying of opponents (K500, 000.00), inciting violence (K500, 000.00), use of undesignated entry (K300, 000.00) and bringing the game of football into disrepute.

Khuda Muyaba (now with South Africa’s Polokwane City) and Hebert Wayekha were slapped with a six match ban for displaying unsporting behavior during the fracas.

About twelve Silver Strikers supporters were also banned from taking part in football related activities for two years.

Silver Strikers communications manager Daniel David Dauda says they have no intention to appeal.

Hebert Wayenkha in blue in a previous super league match against Kamuzu Barracks  “We sat down as a team and resorted not to appeal because we felt it was the right thing to do.

  “We conducted our investigations and we found out that the   punishment befits the incident that happened.

  “The FA took time to investigate the matter at hand thorough and we    were expecting such punishment.” Dauda said.

   Meanwhile Blue Eagles FC chairman Alexander Ngwala says the     punishment is a true reflection of what happened during the match and his club will not launch an appeal but rather adhere to what the     FA has ordered them to do.

“It will be a waste of time if we are to appeal because everyone saw what happened and we just have to accept and comply.

“We should appreciate that the FA has reduced the ban on our players (Mecium Mhone and John Soko) who were slapped with a six match ban to just a single game, I think that is good for us because they are key players for us,” Ngwala said.

The cental bankers lost the match 4-0 to bow out of the cup that saw the Eagles going on to win the championship after beating Kamuzu Barracks on post-match penalties.

Read 1623 times

Last modified on Saturday, 18/04/2020

Login to post comments
Go to top
JSN Time 2 is designed by JoomlaShine.com | powered by JSN Sun Framework