What would we like to achieve through “Stop Nkhanza” campaign?
There is so much more Malawi can do. Through the “Stop Nkhanza” mass media campaign, we aim on doing our part. The expected medium and long-term outcomes of this project would be:
1. Increased knowledge on gender-based violence, its effects and how to fight/ end it.
2. Increased knowledge on the plight of inequality and its negative effects.
3. Minimizing the knowledge gap on gender related issues.
4. Minimize the existing gender inequality gap in different areas.
5. Minimize cases of gender-based violence
6. Increased enrollment of girls in secondary schools and beyond
7. Increased number of women taking up decision making positions.
8. Increased involvement of men in the fight against gender-based violence and inequality.
- Educating the public about issues related to gender-based violence and inequality
- Enlighten parents and guardians on the importance of girl child education.
- Make the people realize the pivotal role they have in protection of a child from different abuses.
- Soliciting views from the people on issues of gender-based violence and inequalities
- Make people understand the critical role women play in development.
- Make people understand issues surrounding gender and gender equality
- Encouraging women and girls to take a leading role in making their lives independent.
What do you think? Are these worthy aims? Share your thoughts. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter – on our handle @StopNkhanza . Or subscribe to our WhatsApp Broadcast by sending the word “Add” to +265 997 932 888 to get daily messages from us.
Like our posts and share them with your friends. We can end gender based violence and social injustices together.
Last modified on Thursday, 19/11/2020