Use Floating Pumps For Irrigation, Farmers Advised
Principal Manager for FISD Finance for Agriculture Development(FIFAD) Mr. Abel Mwenechanya has advised farmers in the country to use floating pumps for irrigation farming.
Mwenechanya has told Zodiak Online that floating pumps are the best irrigation equipment for farmers to use in their farming business.
"These pumps are unique, these floating pumps use solar panels, not fuel, so considering that fuel is now expensive, farmers can still be able to use it ."
"The floating pumps are portable, affordable and they can be used in shallow wells too," said Mwenechanya
He disclosed during training that GIZ has Organised to train irrigation officer's from ten districts across the country.
Mwenechanya said, GIZ procured 51 floating pumps from FIFAD and they were invited to train irrigation officer's on how the pumps work.
He added that they sell the floating pumps to farmers through installment too.
Latest from Chikondi Mphande
- HUAWEI Commits to Bring Digital Transformation For All
- Govt Wants 80% of Malawians on Internet by 2023
- SPECIAL REPORT: Skepticism Holds Back Malawi’s Progress in Biotechnology
- SPECIAL REPORT: The Dilemma of Suicide in Malawi: Any Quick-fix Solutions?
- Shortage of Lubricants; Syphilis Treatment Hits Dedza