Former President Peter Mutharika: Election Results Not a True Reflection of The will of The People
Yesterday Former President Peter Mutharika made his first public appearance since the Tuesday poll.
He said outcome of the presidential election is not a true reflection of the will of the people because of what he called massive irregularities.
He was speaking when he addressed members of the media at Sanjika Palace in Blantyre Saturday afternoon.
He said the irregularities included the beating and chasing away of DPP-UDF monitors from polling centres in some parts of the country.
Meanwhile: Political analyst Victor Chipofya has tipped Mutharika to emulate late Kamuzu Banda’s conduct by conceding defeat.
According to Chipofya, it is surprising that Mutharika claims the elections were marred by irregularities but further advised on the need to move on as a country.
Latest from Madalitso Phiri
- Experts Question Police Professionalism
- K100,000 Tax Free Band to be Effected by Parliament
- Presidential Powers’ Reduction Overdue-Says Legal, Governance Expert
- Dr Chakwera Sworn-in as 6th President of the Republic of Malawi; Promises to Uphold Rule of Law
- MEC Declares Dr Chakwera Winner of Tuesday Presidential Poll