DPP Claims Chakwera Dishonest On Cost of Switzerland & Eq. Guinea Trip
The opposition Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) claims President Lazarus Chakwera was dishonest in his address to Malawians on the cost of his recent trip to Switzerland and Equatorial Guinea respectively.
In a statement signed by its national organizing secretary Chimwemwe Chipungu, the party says it has concrete evidence that the trip cost taxpayers over the 300 million kwacha which government say was spent.
The statement also describes the president's address as indifferent, empty and added it provided no solace to the misery and pain Malawians are going through, as it allegedly did not provide answers and solutions.
Meanwhile, Minister of Information and government spokesperson Gospel Kazako says the DPP leadership is just frustrated because it is now in opposition.
Latest from Online Journalist
- Jehovah's Witnesses Share Messages of Hope at Continental Hockey Tourney
- Zomba COSs Planning Next Steps After Thursday Violence
- SAA Suspends Flights to Malawi
- Malawi Takes the World by Storm: Scorcher's Cosafa Victory - A Tale for Women Pursuing Their Dreams
- How Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Instilling Kindness in Their Children