IRC Sets July 14 for Pension Case Hearing
The industrial relations court in Blantyre has set July 14 as the day which the pension case will be heard.
This is the case in which some civil servants under the banner Young Civil Servants in Malawi are calling for the abolishment of the contributory pension scheme, which they claim was implemented without consultation.
Led by Samuel Chaoloka, the grouping says the scheme is discriminatory as it is targeting those that are 35 years of age and below, hence seeking court intervention.
Latest from Online Journalist
- Jehovah's Witnesses Share Messages of Hope at Continental Hockey Tourney
- Zomba COSs Planning Next Steps After Thursday Violence
- SAA Suspends Flights to Malawi
- Malawi Takes the World by Storm: Scorcher's Cosafa Victory - A Tale for Women Pursuing Their Dreams
- How Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Instilling Kindness in Their Children