Tobacco Rakes in MK339 Million
The Tobacco Commission says, the country has realised 227 million us dollars (which is equivalent to 339 billion kwacha) from 97.8 million kilograms of tobacco that has been sold so far.
Spokesperson for the commission Telephorus Chigwenembe has confirmed to Zodiak today saying at the moment tobacco is being sold at average price of 2dollars 32 cents per kilogram.
Malawians are complaining of forex shortage despite the country is selling tobacco now.
Latest from Online Journalist
- Jehovah's Witnesses Share Messages of Hope at Continental Hockey Tourney
- Zomba COSs Planning Next Steps After Thursday Violence
- SAA Suspends Flights to Malawi
- Malawi Takes the World by Storm: Scorcher's Cosafa Victory - A Tale for Women Pursuing Their Dreams
- How Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Instilling Kindness in Their Children