Malawi Prison Service Dismisses 16 Warders
The Malawi Prison Service (MPS) has dismissed 16 warders for conniving with prisoners to dupe people money through digital platforms.
MPS Deputy Commissioner Bazirial Chapuwala, has confirmed the development to Zodiak Online, adding that this follows independent investigations which his office conducted.
He says they have now introduced body scanners to address high levels of fraud among prisoners in the country's prisons.
Latest from Online Journalist
- Jehovah's Witnesses Share Messages of Hope at Continental Hockey Tourney
- Zomba COSs Planning Next Steps After Thursday Violence
- SAA Suspends Flights to Malawi
- Malawi Takes the World by Storm: Scorcher's Cosafa Victory - A Tale for Women Pursuing Their Dreams
- How Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Instilling Kindness in Their Children