MEC Projects 11 Million Malawians to Participate in 2025 Tripartite Elections
Nsanje, Malawi – The Malawi Electoral Commission (MEC) has projected that 11 million Malawians will participate in the 2025 tripartite elections, writes Cornelius Lupenga of Africa Briefs.
The elections will be held on September 16, 2025, which will be a public holiday.
MEC Commissioner Responsible for Research, Monitoring, and Evaluation Committee, Dr. Emmanuel Fabiano made the revelations on Thursday during a stakeholder consultative meeting in Nsanje.
He said the MEC is in the process of preparing for the credible elections which will see the trio positions being elected without any challenges.
"We are appealing to the participants in this meeting to pass this message to the communities in order to avoid misunderstanding," he said.
The chair further said the diaspora will not be allowed to vote unless parliament amends the electoral laws which would guide the elections.
District Governor for Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) Harold Moses hailed MEC coming with the additional polling centres across the district.
"We are satisfied with the news registration and polling centres," he said.
Latest from Online Journalist
- Jehovah's Witnesses Share Messages of Hope at Continental Hockey Tourney
- Zomba COSs Planning Next Steps After Thursday Violence
- SAA Suspends Flights to Malawi
- Malawi Takes the World by Storm: Scorcher's Cosafa Victory - A Tale for Women Pursuing Their Dreams
- How Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Instilling Kindness in Their Children