Former Justice Minister Peter Fatchi Dead
Former Justice Minister and Attorney General Peter Fatchi has died. Fatchi, who hailed from Nsanje district, was one of the founders of the United Democratic Front - UDF.
Former President Bakili Muluzi has described the death of Fatchi as a huge loss to the country.
Fatchi was the Attorney General and Minister of Justice in the Bakili regime. He also served in other different roles.
Another founding member of the UDF, Ziliro Chibambo, says the country has lost an important person who made a huge contribution to politics and democracy in the country.
The family is yet to announce details of his funeral.
Latest from Online Journalist
- Jehovah's Witnesses Share Messages of Hope at Continental Hockey Tourney
- Zomba COSs Planning Next Steps After Thursday Violence
- SAA Suspends Flights to Malawi
- Malawi Takes the World by Storm: Scorcher's Cosafa Victory - A Tale for Women Pursuing Their Dreams
- How Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Instilling Kindness in Their Children