Sourcing Forex For AIP Products a Challenge- Ministry
The Ministry of Agriculture has admitted that sourcing forex for the purchase of the products under the Affordable Inputs Program (AIP) remains a challenge this season.
However, according to agriculture minister Sam Kawale, they are negotiating with commercial banks and the Reserve Bank of Malawi to source enough forex in time.
Reserve Bank of Malawi Spokesperson Dr. Mark Lungu says they have reserved a request from the ministry, although demand for forex is huge in different departments and sectors, adding that commercial banks have been urged to help out.
Latest from Online Journalist
- Jehovah's Witnesses Share Messages of Hope at Continental Hockey Tourney
- Zomba COSs Planning Next Steps After Thursday Violence
- SAA Suspends Flights to Malawi
- Malawi Takes the World by Storm: Scorcher's Cosafa Victory - A Tale for Women Pursuing Their Dreams
- How Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Instilling Kindness in Their Children