Boy 14, Commit Suicide In Ntcheu
A 14-year-old standard two boy was yesterday found dead, hanging in a tree in Ntcheu, and police suspect that he has committed suicide.
The finding came not long after Chimwemwe Khwinda was forced to go to school by her mother in Senzani village, Sub-T/A Tsikulamowa.
Ntcheu Police spokesperson, Hastings Chigalu, told Zodiak Online Wednesday that the body was found close to his school hours later and a postmortem shows death was due to suffocation secondary to strangulation.
"On the fateful day, it is alleged the boy was reluctant to go school. However, against the will of the boy, his mother forced him to go to school and attend classes.
"Thinking that he has taken the mother's advice of going to school, the boy's body was discovered hanging in a tree hours later a distance away from his school," Chigalu said.
The deceased hailed from Lunguzi village, Sub-TA Tsikulamowa in the district.
Between January and June this year, Ntcheu has registered nine suicide suspected cases.
Latest from Blessings Kang'ombe
- Govt Commit to Increasing Irrigation Farming Hectarage Coverage
- Min of Education Close Unregistered Private School in Ntcheu
- Refund Four Thousand Kwacha to Irish Aid, Ministry Orders Ntcheu Council
- Lawyer Ayuba James to Appeal 14 Year Jail Sentence for NU 18 Yr-old Boy
- Ntcheu-Tsangano-Neno-Mwanza Road Project Stalls for Three Months