ACB Investigates Dubious Land Sale
The Anti - Corruption Bureau (ACB) has confirmed it is probing dubious sale of some commercial land within Balaka Township.
ACB spokesperson Egrita Ndala confirmed to Zodiak on Monday.
Ministry of lands forewarned the Council mid last year that selling the land in question was illegal as it is within road and rail reserves.
The Council went ahead selling the land to individuals who have already constructed shops.
Balaka District Council Spokesperson, Mary Makhringa, confirmed in a separate interview that ACB has been coming to the Council but could not confirm reports that some employees under investigation have fled the country.
"I cannot confirm those rumors but we have some employees who have left the country recently on different reasons," said Makhringa without disclosing the reasons.
Latest from Moses Masiye
- Delayed Compensation Threaten Food Security for Balaka Smallholder Farmers
- Children Abused on the Day of African Child Commemoration
- Mozambican Music Promoter Incorporates Malawian Musicians
- Constituents Fault Constituency Redemarcation Exercise
- Malawi Eyeing More Business Opportunities In Mozambique