Buffalos Cause Havoc in Chikwawa
Communities in some villages under Ngabu area in Chikwawa are living in fear due to some buffaloes that are causing havoc.
Some of the most affected villages are Salabeni, Mphungulu, Chiphwaila, Khisimisi, Jimu and Therere.
Ward councilor for Alumenda, Khofati Malunga, has told Zodiak that the buffalos which they think have originated from Lengwe National Park are disrupting farming activities as farmers are hesitating to go to fields for fear of being attacked.
He said the buffalos are between four and five in total.
"The Rangers have been coming here in search for the buffaloes but to no avail," said Khofati
Others think the buffalos are hiding in Kamuzu Forest near Jombo, some 30 kilometres from Lengwe National park.
Currently, Rangers from national parks and wildlife department are hunting for the buffalos to probably drive them back to Lengwe National park.
Latest from Christopher Sande
- Mother Care Groups Applauded for Enhancing Immunization
- Oxfam, Hygiene Village Project geared to curb Cholera
- Double Trouble for Malawi's LGBTQI+ Community
- FEDOMA Pushes for Urgent Assenting of Persons with Disabilities Bill, 2023
- Farmers, Authorities Take Action to Overcome Effects of Cyclone Freddy