DYO Calls for Youth Involvement in Covid 19 Response
District Youth Office in Balaka has called upon all stakeholders to consider incorporating the youth in Covid 19 response as they have also been affected on several ways.
Balaka District Youth Officer Geoffrey Mpinganjira said on Tuesday when non-governmental organisation Circle for Development Initiative (CDI) donated personal protective equipment to 12 youth clubs under traditional authority Sawali in the district.
Mpinganjira said youth are failing to discuss vital issues affecting them due to lack of PPEs.
"We commend CDI for coming in and we urge others to emulate this as the youth need to iron out some challenges facing them especially this time when schools are closed due Covid 19 pandemic," said Mpinganjira.
CDI projects officer Kitty Kanthumkako says they thought of reaching out the youth with the donation so that they should continue meeting in their clubs despite the pandemic.
"We have seen an increase of teenage pregnancies and early pregnancies after schools closed due to Covid 19, and we thought the youth club meetings may be vital as long as they observe the preventive measures," said Kanthumkako.
Latest from Moses Masiye
- Delayed Compensation Threaten Food Security for Balaka Smallholder Farmers
- Children Abused on the Day of African Child Commemoration
- Mozambican Music Promoter Incorporates Malawian Musicians
- Constituents Fault Constituency Redemarcation Exercise
- Malawi Eyeing More Business Opportunities In Mozambique