APAM in Special Prayers Against Ritual Killings
As the country awaits fresh presidential elections, an association of people with Albinism has dedicated today for special prayers against ritual killings of people with albinism.
APAM Head of programs Peter Kayenda says experience has shown that ritual attacks against persons with albinism are common close to election period.
He says apart from seeking divine intervention, they would want to use the day to condemn such acts and raise awareness on albinism.
The main activity taking place at Jenda in Mzimba is being commemorated under the theme Condemnation of Elections-related Ritual Attacks on Persons with Albinism
Latest from Noel Mkubwi
- Kasungu Municipality to Borrow COVID Funds to Pay Off Its Striking Workers
- Elderly Increasingly Turning Up to Vote
- Education Min. Challenges Female Science Teachers to Motivate Female Learners
- DPP & UDF Officials Urge Supporters to Desist From Political Violence
- Observe Labour Rights, APM Urges Employers