Police Arrest Bushiri & His Wife Mary
The Malawi Police Service Services are questioning the self-proclaimed Prophet Shepherd Bushiri and his wife at Area 30 in Lilongwe over his abscondment of bail in South Africa.
Police Spokesperson, James Kadadzera says the arrest of the duo follows a warrant of arrest that was issued by a South African Magistrate court yesterday.
Kadadzera says the two will possibly appear before a court here in Malawi later for a bail application.
Days after their flight from South Africa where they are being accused of fraud and money laundering of the monetary value of around 100 million Rands, Prophet Shephard Bushiri and his wife Mary handed themselves to the Malawi Police Service in Lilongwe.
They handed themselves over after learning that the Malawi Police had a warrant of arrest from Interpol.
Meanwhile, Malawi CSO Led Black Economic Empowerment Movement has asked Government not to allow Prophet Shepherd Bushiri to be tried in South Africa until his security is guaranteed.
Chairperson of the Movement Robert Mkwezalamba says this will provide trust for a fair trial for Bushiri's family.
Latest from Andrew Viano
- A Friend in Need: World Vision Eases Healthcare Access in Ntchisi
- SKILLS Programme Shines Ray of hope for Unemployed Youth
- ENOUGH Campaign Gets Underway, Chakwera Decries Child Malnourishment
- From Kaoche Village with Six Points: The Story of Joseph Katole
- Malawi Tourism Council to Hold Inaugural Tourism Industry Awards of Excellence