MRA Officer Suspended for Social Media Views
The Malawi Revenue Authority (MRA) has suspended one of its employees following sentiments the employee made in a video clip that is circulating on the social media regarding the introduction of Carbon Tax.
In a press release issued today, MRA Head of Marketing Steven Kapoloma says the content of the post is contrary and inconsistent with the tax collecting body’s Values, Ethics and Code of Conduct of its members of staff.
Kapoloma said the sentiments made by the officer in the post are personal and do not in any way reflect the position of MRA on the subject matter and should be disregarded.
He said the officer has been suspended pending disciplinary procedures.
Latest from Alfred Guta
- MACOHA Tips Humanitarian Actors on Disaster Response Targeting Persons with Disabilities
- Climate Smart Public Works Program Second Cycle Targets Over 14,000 Beneficiaries in Nsanje
- Friends of Makhanga Pen Nsanje DC over Relocation
- Graft Whistleblowers Demand Protection
- Action for Rural Development for Improved ECD Services in Nsanje