Chiradzulu District Council Takes Parliamentarians to Task
The district council for in Chiradzulu has taken parliamentarians in the district to task for absenting themselves from attending full council deliberations without giving adequate excuses.
Council chairperson, Divason Maolera, says the behaviour has become a trend for the majority of the parliamentarians, hence the council's resolve to summon them over the matter.
Political analyst, George Phiri, says what is being witnessed in Chiradzulo is only an example of the larger picture as parliamentarians do not want to be held accountable at a district and constituency levels.
Latest from Online Journalist
- Jehovah's Witnesses Share Messages of Hope at Continental Hockey Tourney
- Zomba COSs Planning Next Steps After Thursday Violence
- SAA Suspends Flights to Malawi
- Malawi Takes the World by Storm: Scorcher's Cosafa Victory - A Tale for Women Pursuing Their Dreams
- How Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Instilling Kindness in Their Children