MACRA Clarifies Introduction of CEIR, Not New In MW
The Malawi Communications Regulatory Authority (MACRA) has stressed that the Central Equipment Identity Register (CEIR) which will be introduced soon is not new in the country as mobile operators are already using them.
MACRA Director General, Daudi Suleman said, the equipment should not be confused with what people popularly called the 'spy machine' as this will assist in identifying the gadget that someone is using which will prevent people from using many sim cards on one phone or using stolen handsets.
Suleman, was speaking last night in Mangochi, during a meeting with a CEIR taskforce.
Latest from Online Journalist
- Jehovah's Witnesses Share Messages of Hope at Continental Hockey Tourney
- Zomba COSs Planning Next Steps After Thursday Violence
- SAA Suspends Flights to Malawi
- Malawi Takes the World by Storm: Scorcher's Cosafa Victory - A Tale for Women Pursuing Their Dreams
- How Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Instilling Kindness in Their Children