Security Agents Roll Out Cross-Border Crime Operation
In a bid to combat cross-border crimes along Biriwiri Border Post in Ntcheu, three security agents in the district have rolled out an operation on the same.
Ntcheu Police Station Officer-In-charge Senior Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Obrey Nyirend told Zodiak Online Monday that the operation is aimed at enhancing security and bring sanity along the border in the district.
"There has been cases of human trafficking beside goods being smuggled in the country through uncharted routes thereby halting revenue collection," he said.
He said with the joint operation rolled out now such issues will be addressed; hence, challenging officers to work towards achieving the goal.
The security agents ganged up in the operation are Ntcheu Police, Biriwiri Immigration and Malawi Revenue Authority (MRA) respectively.
During launch of the initiative Monday at Masasa-Golomoti road, a vehicle, Toyota Noah suspected to have been smuggled into the country using uncharted routes was impounded.
(By Blessings Kang'ombe)
Latest from Online Journalist
- Jehovah's Witnesses Share Messages of Hope at Continental Hockey Tourney
- Zomba COSs Planning Next Steps After Thursday Violence
- SAA Suspends Flights to Malawi
- Malawi Takes the World by Storm: Scorcher's Cosafa Victory - A Tale for Women Pursuing Their Dreams
- How Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Instilling Kindness in Their Children