Organization to Audit Councils
An accountability and transparency organization says it will embark on an exercise to follow how public funds were used in projects and programs funded by international bodies.
"We want to follow how these funds are utilized to avoid abuse of public funds we have witnessed of late," Kambwandira said.
The Executive Director of the organization, Centre for Social Accountability and Transparency, Willy Kambwandira, said the idea is to ensure that the funds were used appropriately.
Kambwandira said it is time government expedited amendment of public finance management law to curb plunder of public resources in the country's district councils.
Kambwandira further said it is time government expedited amendment of public finance management law to curb plunder of public resources in the county's district councils.
"You might be aware that the public finance management law has some flaws and we are urging government to expedite amendment of the law so that citizens are directly involved in public finance management," he said.
This exercise is coming at a time when Ombudsman, Martha Chizuma is also investigating alleged plunder of public resources in the country's district councils.
Latest from Aunyago Nkhoma
- CSOs,Academia,Research Institutions key to End Climate Health Risks- Min. of Health
- Blood Sucking Rumours, Economic & Political Frustrations-Expert Views
- UNHCR Intensifies COVID-19 Preparedness Amid Poor Hygiene at Dzaleka
- COVID-19 Containment Measures Not Inclusive - AFDB
- Local Farmers Challenged to Form Cooperatives