Rumphi Hospital Congestion Appalling
Congestion has worsened at Rumphi district hospital where authorities now say the situation is beyond their control.
Patients in the facility are forced to share beds because the facility is having to service needs beyond capacity. Aside from that, the structure of the facility is also wearing out such that as the rains begun, patients and other facilities get soaked.
The issues came out recently when the Malawi Communications Regulatory Authority-MACRA. Hospital spokesperson, Banalori Mwamlima, said the hospital has outlived its lifespan and is failing to cope with pressure.
Macra made donations to patients estimated at value K3.7 million.
Latest from Vanani Nyirenda
- Lack of Privacy Fueling ARV Default Rate Among Youth
- Forestry Stakeholders Drilled on Court Operations
- Authorities in Mzimba Calls for Increased Awareness to SafeGuard Children Against Online Abuse
- Ministry Launches Advocacy & Comm Strategy on Child Labor
- Armed Forest Guards to Patrol Country's Forest Reserves