11 Million People To Access Covid-19 Vaccine In Malawi by 2022, Government
Government targets to at least give 11 million people access to the Covid-19 vaccine by 2022.
Ministry of Health Spokesperson Adrian Chikumbe says this will represent 60 percent of Malawi's population which is in line with a directive from the World Health Organization for its member countries to achieve by December next year.
`` We will use the media, faith groups, and other establishments that can help to mobilize those that have not received the Covid-19 vaccine to access the service, said Chikumbe.
As of Saturday, the 31 of July, at least 139,000 had received both doses of the Covid-19 AstraZeneca vaccine. But a total of 595, 000 doses have been administered in the country.
Health commentator, Maziko Matemba has told us in an interview that this is achievable with the current demand for the vaccine but needs investment massive investment.
Says Matamba, it is encouraging that most people are now willing to access the vaccine and this projection is possible.”
Malawi has been administering the AstraZeneca vaccine but this Friday, it will receive 302,400 doses of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine which requires only one jab.
Latest from Steve Zimba
- Truck Driver Arrested in Mzimba for Obstructing Presidential Convoy
- First Lady Monica Chakwera courts Malawians In Diaspora On Social Work
- FCB Responds To Financially Hit Bandawe School For The Blind In Nkhatabay
- Small Scale Traders To Compete for 57 Public Procurements
- Oxfam Malawi and Misa Malawi for More Awareness on ATI Law