Eleven People Arrested for Buying Fuel in Jerrycans
By Henderson Charles Msusa
At least eleven people have been arrested for allegedly buying fuel using jerrrycans in Dowa District.
Dowa Police Spokesperson Alice Sitima says people were arrested Saturday August 13, 2023 during a special operation which the law enforcement officers conducted at Dzaleka Refugee Camp in the district.
"During the operation we also managed to confiscate about 70 liters of fuel and 30 empty jerrycans," she said.
Sitima says the suspect, who are of ages between 20 and 47, will appear in court soon.
Recently, Kamuzu Central Hospital complained of increased cases of fire accidents, a development it said is putting a stain on limited resources.
In under two weeks, five have died while three others are nursing injuries, this according to a statement by the hospital.
Latest from Online Journalist
- Jehovah's Witnesses Share Messages of Hope at Continental Hockey Tourney
- Zomba COSs Planning Next Steps After Thursday Violence
- SAA Suspends Flights to Malawi
- Malawi Takes the World by Storm: Scorcher's Cosafa Victory - A Tale for Women Pursuing Their Dreams
- How Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Instilling Kindness in Their Children