Alarming Road Carnage in Dowa
In just under four weeks in Dowa alone, 10 people have been killed in 13 road accidents.
The development has sparked concern among authorities who are searching for the root cause and possible remedies to avoid an escalation of the problem.
Dowa District Commissioner, Alex M’doko, says this is shocking and could be a result of reckless driving and speeding under the influence of alcohol.
Meanwhile, police spokesperson in the district, Sub-inspector Gladson M'bumpha, says police have intensified awareness campaigns on road safety measures to reduce the accidents and fatalities.
Latest from Aunyago Nkhoma
- COVID-19 Cases Rise Again,120 New Cases Past 24 Hours
- Mponela Police Arrest Boy, 17, For Alleged Sex Assault of Woman, 80
- Rwandese Immigrants and Dzaleka Refugees Tussle over COVID-19 Funds
- Min. of Education Trashes ISAMA's July 13 School Reopening
- Govt, Private Schools Tussle Over Date for Re-opening of Schools