Four Arrested Over Theft of Relief Items
The police in Ntcheu have arrested a Disaster Management Affairs (Dodma) warehouse supervisor for the district and three non-employees suspected of stealing relief items.
Ntcheu Police spokesperson, Sub Inspector Hastings Chigalu, told Zodiak Online that police acted on a tip to arrest the suspects.
“We first arrested Khumbo Pemba last week. He was found with eight bags of rice. The suspect was en route to Lilongwe with the stolen bags,” said Chigalu.
He added, “The suspect confessed …that the items belong to Ruth Bwande, a Dodma warehouse supervisor in the district.
”Sub Inspector Chigalu said on searching the house of the Dodma employee, three bags of beans were also recovered.
A magistrate has since granted the four bail pending trial.
The Dodma employee has been charged with theft by public servant while the three have been charged with receiving stolen property.
The four are Pemba, Bwande, Mwawi Bwande and Yohane Thom Kachiwiya
Latest from Blessings Kang'ombe
- Ntcheu Secondary School Students March over Poor diet
- 150 Police Officers Demand K246 million Unpaid Allowances
- Cloud of Hope Takes Free Medical Services to Chigodi
- Unemployed Nurses and Midwives Write Govt Demanding Permanent Jobs
- No Whereabouts of 2023/14 AIPS’s Farmer Contribution and Beneficiaries List