Chakwera, Chilima Still Scrutinizing Cabinet List
President Lazarus Chakwera has asked Malawians to remain patient while the Tonse administration works around forming its new cabinet, as days have passed after his inauguration.
Earlier, President Chakwera told Malawians he would announce names of his cabinet before his inauguration on 6 July.
But in the progress report posted on his facebook page today Wednesday, Dr. Chakwera says this was not possible because he and Dr. Chilima are still scrutinizing names for possible appointment to cabinet. The post has a picture of Chakwera and Chilima sitting in the President’s home office at area 6.
He has maintained the cabinet will have no more than 30 people, 12 of them women.
The President who is just over a week in office has however highlighted that has been attending to other matters of the state in the past seven days which include freezing high risk government tenders and contract, realigning existing bilateral relations with other counties in line with the Tonse Philosophy.
The President has also spoken to Rwanda’s president Paul Kagame to strengthen the two countries’ bilateral relations.
Latest from Linda Tembo
- C.C.A.P General Assembly Defies New Covid-19 Gazzetted Rules
- Department of Civil Aviation Discussing Possibility of Reopening Airports
- RBM Maintains Policy Rate at 13.5%
- Central Region Police Re-Strategizing to Regain Public Trust and Rebuild Lost Relationship
- DPP Refutes Claim It Plundered 1.3 Trillion Kwacha of Public Resources