DPP-UDF Alliance Holds a Youth Rally at Masintha
DPP-UDF alliance has started holding youth rallies to owe the young people to vote for President Mutharika in the May 23 fresh Presidential election.
Organizing Secretary for the DPP, Chimwemwe Chipungu said at Masintha ground in Lilongwe Wednesday evening that the alliance is also using the platform to denounce political violence that has marred the ongoing campaign period.
"The alliance is also advising the youth not to be used in any political violence during this campaign period, said Chipungu."
At the Masintha Youth Rally the DPP-UDF alliance courted some urban artists like Dan Lufani, Tay Grin, Anne Matumbi and others.
Their message at the rally was almost similar. To vote for President Peter Mutharika who is leading the Alliance.
One of the young people who attended the rally James Kasewa noted that such platforms should also be organized for other social events than only on politics.
Said James, "political parties should also be organizing these platforms to disseminate various massages that affects us the young people."
DPP-UDF youth rallies will also be held in Mangochi, Blantyre and Mzuzu.
Latest from Steve Zimba
- Special Report: The Role Played by MDF, State & Non-State Players in Consolidating Democracy in Malawi
- Corona Cases Now at 803, 54 New Cases Recorded the Past 24Hrs
- Stray Buffaloes Threatening Lives of People Amid Rangers’ Industrial Action
- UTM and MCP youth report APM to Amnesty International
- Fake News Costing Coronavirus Preparedness in Malawi