Timothy Mtambo Says Prosecuting DPP Leaders Not Persecution
Citizen for Transformation, flamboyant leader, Timothy Mtambo, says he expects the new government administration in Malawi to prosecute all those who were involved in wrong doing such as corruption in the immediate-past administration.
Mtambo told reporters at a briefing in Lilongwe that he believes the Democratic Progressive Party, under leadership of President Peter Mutharika looted public resources through corruption.
“The new administration should not have mercy prosecuting those who plundered public resources in the previous administration. That will help in quickening the healing of the nation,” Mtambo said.
He hails the majority Malawians for booting out the Mutharika administration replacing it with the Malawi Congress Party-led Tonse alliance with President Lazarus Chakwera as leader.
The CFT leader further called on Malawians to unite in rebuilding the nation.
The CFT, says Mtambo, will now continue to fight for better public service delivery and stay on the side of the citizenry even with a new administration in place.
He said his organization will soon unveil a 20 point plan that shall guide its drive to hold leaders accountable.
Latest from Andrew Viano
- Prophets Defy COVID19 Preventive Measures, Vow to Continue Holding Prayers
- Ex-Intelligence Chief Bail Ruling August 10
- Malawi’s Economic Growth Could Slump Beyond 2.0 Percent in 2020-MCCCI
- Don’t Be Over Ambitious on Revenue Targets-MCCCI Tells Govt
- Special Report: How Malawi Can Deal With Negative Political Influence in The Delivery of Public Services