US Government Pledges Support Towards COVID-19 Fight
The United States Government has pledged continued support towards the fight against the COVID19 pandemic.
U.S Ambassador to Malawi Robert Scott made the commitment during a meeting with President Lazarus Chakwera in the capital Lilongwe.
According to the U.S embassy office in Lilongwe, Scott took some time to congratulate President Chakwera on his victory in the June 23rd presidential election.
The ambassador has pledged to continue working with the Malawi Government in various sectors such as Health, education, Good Governance and most in importantly the current world enemy, COVID19.
The U.S is among many other development partners that have pledged to support Malawi contain spread of the Coronavirus. Currently Malawi continues to register high cases in local transmissions with stakeholders calling on people to ensure they follow stiffer preventive measures.
Latest from Veronica Mwale
- FEAM Adds Voice for Malawi's Debt Cancellation
- Special Report: Existing Conflict Between Humans & Wildlife
- "We Must Modernize How We Work" - Jose Torres
- 2020/21 Budget Not Considerate of Malawi's Economic Challenges - Ganda
- NICE Embarks On Arts & Theater Sensitization Exercise To Reach Students With COVID19 Messages