US Government Pledges Support Towards COVID-19 Fight
The United States Government has pledged continued support towards the fight against the COVID19 pandemic.
U.S Ambassador to Malawi Robert Scott made the commitment during a meeting with President Lazarus Chakwera in the capital Lilongwe.
According to the U.S embassy office in Lilongwe, Scott took some time to congratulate President Chakwera on his victory in the June 23rd presidential election.
The ambassador has pledged to continue working with the Malawi Government in various sectors such as Health, education, Good Governance and most in importantly the current world enemy, COVID19.
The U.S is among many other development partners that have pledged to support Malawi contain spread of the Coronavirus. Currently Malawi continues to register high cases in local transmissions with stakeholders calling on people to ensure they follow stiffer preventive measures.
Latest from Veronica Mwale
- Improve Mental Health System-KCH Director Asks Gvt
- Abide to Commitments Made; PAC Urges Dr Chakwera Leadership
- PAC Says it Expects New Leadership to Abide to Commitments it Made
- Appoint Leaders That Will Put Needs of Malawians First; Mtambo Urges Newly Elected President
- Women in Media Across Africa Mourns Veteran Journalist Dr Tikhala Chibwana