Evangelist Mbeta Calls for Continued Peace
Evangelist Linley Mbeta has called for continued prayers as presidential elections case appears to be far from over following President Peter Mutharika’s intention to appeal the Monday judgment.
Evangelist Mbeta, the overseer of Chigonjetso Ministry, says the clergy had been and will continue praying for peace and unity while waiting for judgment appealing and fresh elections.
“Let me applaud Malawians for remaining calm during this period and I urge them to maintain peace as the case continues,” said Evangelist Mbeta.
On Monday, the constitutional court delivered a land mark ruling which annulled the presidential elections results and ordered Malawi Electoral Commission (MEC) to conduct fresh presidential elections within 150 days.
UTM President, Dr. Saulos Chilima and Dr. Lazarus Chakwera, president of Malawi Congress Party (MCP), citing several irregularities, disputed the May, 21 presidential elections results at the constitutional court.
Latest from Hastings Jimani
- NICE Briefs Cross Border Agro Dealers on SADC Protocol on Trade Integration
- Police urged to maintain relationship with Mozambican counterparts
- MAGGA Feeds ADCs with Child Marriage Study Findings
- AQSA Targets 3, 600 Women in Economic Empowerment
- Mulanje Chief Attributes Early Pregnancies to Technology