Smuggling Distracting MRA Work
Malawi Revenue Authority says smuggling is robbing the country of huge amounts of potential revenue.
On Saturday, MRA spokesperson, Steven Kapoloma, described smuggling as a serious challenge that is compromising efforts by the authority to meet revenue targets on time this financial year.
Kapoloma said there is a sudden rise in the smuggling of beer and some beverages, cement, cooking oil and sugar and the situation is getting worse.
But Kapoloma says MRA is optimistic that using several interventions, the authority will be able to meet its revenue target of 1.3 trillion Malawi Kwacha by July this year.
Latest from Chikondi Mphande
- Security Lapse & Food Shortage Hit Mua School For The Deaf
- Use Floating Pumps For Irrigation, Farmers Advised
- Donor Impressed With Progress Of Teen Mother's & Adolescent Girls’ Program
- Pictorial Focus By Chikondi Mphande: Teachers Promotion Interviews In Dedza
- About 1.5 Million Malawians to Face Hunger